Everything You Need To Buy Your First Home
Buying your first home can be an overwhelming experience. That’s why we make it easy for you throughout the entire
home buying process – from getting pre-approved to low down payments and great rates.
How we can help you through your home buying journey:
- Getting a pre-approval: A pre-approval is a great starting point as it helps you understand how much you can afford. It means you’re conditionally approved for a mortgage – up to a certain limit – in advance of actually buying a house.
- Choosing the right mortgage and interest rate: From high ratio mortgages (like CMHC) to fixed or variable rates, we will provide you with various options from different lenders that are the right fit for you.
- Understanding government incentives: knowing all of the incentives available to you could help you save thousands on your first home purchase. Some options include:
- Federal Government Assistance Program allowing you to borrow up to $35,000 from your RRSP to put towards your first home
- The First-Time Home Buyers Tax Credit is a non-refundable tax credit that supports first-time buyers with additional costs associated with purchasing a home and translates to around $750 in savings
- The Land Transfer Tax Rebate may be available as a refund to first-time homebuyers up to a maximum of $4,000.
- Determining your total closing costs: It’s recommended you save an extra 2-4% of the purchase of your home for
other closing costs items like lawyer fees, property taxes, etc., on top of your down payment. We’ll ensure you know how
much you’ll need upfront to buy your home. Regardless of your credit history, our lender specialists will extend a loan
to you at a fair rate.
Learn more about your mortgage options today
We provide one-to-one guidance through your entire home buying process, great rates, and excellent service.
Find out how much you pre-qualify for
Answer 5 quick questions to see how much you can afford for your new home.
Have questions? Let’s connect.
Get quick answers to your questions, no matter how difficult – 7 days a week.