Plans to redevelop Sheridan Centre at 2225 Erin Mills Parkway rejected.
The proposal would bring 16 new residential buildings, 11-29 storeys tall wrapping around the lot. The initial phase 1 proposal is for two 15-storey buildings totalling 660 units. This rejected proposal features several issues.
- Sanitary sewer capacity and future compliance with waste collection.
- The fire prevention department has concerns with the fire route.
- There is not enough outdoor living space for the safety and comfort of residents.
- The internal road network raises concerns.
- No specifics on affordable housing availability.
The committee voted in favour of rejecting the proposal in its current form. If the application is appealed to the Ontario Land Tribunal, it is hoped that mediation or other resolution will resolve outstanding issues.
Have questions? Let’s connect.
Get quick answers to your questions, no matter how difficult – 7 days a week.